Deck is a porch that resembles the deck on a ship. Ultra violet rays from sun, debris and water damages deck. Many people often think that deck as self-cleaning, when in reality it needs to be cleaned as much as a kitchen floor. Maintenance of deck requires constant care. Stain protects and colors the wood, allowing the beauty of the wood grain and texture to show through. Stain will keep deck looking good and will restore its natural oils and protect it from ultraviolet rays and water damage. To make your deck pop up more, put up some outdoor furniture,
Here’s how to apply deck stain.
Day-to-Day care: Remove fallen leaves for better air circulation this will prevent leaves from rotting and allow debris to collect. Keep cracks of deck board clean. Use pot stand to keep potted plants elevated. Six monthly Cares Experts recommend major spring and fall deck cleanings by applying coat.
Application of Stain:
1. If any areas of the deck have started to splinter or crack scrub thoroughly with sand paper to remove any dead wood fibers and till new layer of wood is visible.
2. Then clean it thoroughly with high-pressure sprays, which will remove debris by force.
3. Allow deck to dry completely. If stained while the deck is still wet, the oil won’t penetrate the wood. The stain will just penetrate the surface, instead of seeping in. Cover wood surface as much as possible for staining.
4. Choose a stain of your choice.
5. Fill bucket with stain of choice.
6. Immerse a brush (use a 4-inch brush) or long-handled roller into the stain. Absorb only enough stain for a few strokes. If possible, use a roller to first apply the stain, and then apply into the wood with brush. Use a paintbrush for difficult-to-reach places.
7. Wipe excess stain with duster.
8. Avoid coating at midday or in direct sunlight. Do not stain deck in extreme weather condition such as hot, cold or if windy.
9. If a second coat required wait for 4 hrs between applications.
10. Wait for 24hrs before using Deck. Selecting Stain:
A clear stain will make deck’s natural beauty will shine through. But will require application of coat every 12 to 18 months. A semitransparent or tinted stain if used will need application every three or four years. Stains with pigment in the oil are more resistant to UV damage. A pigmented stain having sun protection factor (SPF) of 30 will protect deck from harmful ultra-violet rays. Precaution Use extreme care when using a pressure spray – the force of the water can cause injury. Wear safety glasses and rubber gloves. Dispose of stain according to instruction on the container People who read this, also read… Based deck oil-Stain – Wide ranges of products for coating deck are available.
There are four major categories of deck coatings: oil-based, alkyd oil-based,… Behr deck stain – Behr deck stains are specially formulated products for applying stain to wood decks, fences and patio furniture. Behr deck stain… Cabot Deck Stain: Here’s an end to all Deck hassles – To have a clean and neat home is something that all will want. Exterior living has become very popular especially… One-time Deck Stain – Spruce-up the Deck – To make homes look sparkling clean and beautiful, it is essential that the home owner puts in a great amount… Deck Stain Reviews – Cleaning and washing your decks are not the only ways to keep them looking great. To protect decks and prevent…